Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Testing, Testing, 1, 2



I really need some advice on this one. The Clarasonic. It has definitely had it's glory days and is now no longer a hugely spoke about product. Which is why I am in search for some up to date opinions on how this worked for you and if it even worked at all. Does anyone out there still use this? My skin has never been clear, the surface isn't smooth and my pores are large, at 21 I don't think I can still be blaming hormones. I need to look after my skin! After various lotions and potions I began to believe I needed something more and started looking into The Clarasonic. I've read so many reviews online about people breaking out and going through the dreading "purging process" which to be honest has completely terrified me! Nevertheless, it came up in the Boxing Day sales and I decided to pick one up and give it a go. The only problem is, it's still in the box (apart from for this one snap above of course).

I am sure I will crack this out soon and begin testing it with the Philosophy Purity cleanser, which I've heard is gentle and works well with the Clarasonic. Is there any advice you can give me before I get going? How often? How long? What speed? I'm a bit overwhelmed just thinking about it to be honest..

10 comments:

  1. I have a cleansing brush similar to this and I started of using just a couple of times a week to see how my skin reacted to it! That's probably the only advice I could give as I gave up with mine after a few months - I don't think it was helping or hindering my skin so I couldn't be bothered with it anymore!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I guess I'l have to give it a go to find out!

      Delete
  2. Amazing blog post! Love your blog (:

    http://withlovefromnicole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit intimidated to try the clarasonic, I don't want it to break out my skin.
    Katherine |Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda what I feel like right now haha. But I guess if we don't give it a go we'll never know - could be fab

      Delete
  4. I am really interested how it works. Please let us know, when you find out and test it! ;) Great blog, I will visit you again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will be sure to review it! Aw thanks, I've got Bloglovin' if you want to follow me there xx

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out on my blog!! (:

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a Clarisonic back during the hype days and I didn't think it was great at all. It was a lot of effort and faff, I didn't like the cleansing products that came with it, and I didn't notice any great difference in my skin. As I bought my Clarisonic from QVC I was able to send it back for a refund. My best tip for improving the clarity and texture of skin through cleansing is Liz Earle cleanse and polish used with a muslin cloth - a rare case of a product which truly deserves the hype!

    Gem x | www.flutterandsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete